15 EARTHQUAKES OVER 4.0 MAGNITUDE WITHIN THE LAST 30 DAYS IN NORTH AMERICA 12/2/2018
Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2018
- Have an earthquake readiness plan
- Consult a professional to learn how to make your home sturdier, such as bolting bookcases to wall studs, installing strong latches on cupboards, and strapping the water heater to wall studs.
- Locate a place in each room of the house that you can go to in case of an earthquake. It should be a spot where nothing is likely to fall on you, like a doorframe.
- Keep a supply of canned food and/or dried food, an up-to-date first aid kit, 3 gallons (11.4 liters) of water per person, dust masks and goggles, and a working battery-operated radio and flashlights in an accessible place.
- Stay away from windows. In a high-rise building, expect the fire alarms and sprinklers to go off during a quake
- If you are in bed, hold on and stay there, protecting your head with a pillow.
- If you are outdoors, find a clear spot away from buildings, trees, and power lines. Drop to the ground.
- If you are in a car, slow down and drive to a clear place. Stay in the car until the shaking stops.
#myredfolder #neptanow #preparedness #family #government #response #recovery
Commentsno comment yet
A hurricane is a type of tropical cyclone or severe tropical storm that forms in the southern Atlant...
Response To Typhoon...
As the heart wrenching images crossed across our screens from the Philippines, the largest U.S. orga...
CALIFORNIA BRACES FO...
CALIFORNIANS HAVE FORGOTTEN For years California has been plagued by wild fires and drought which h...