Event Date(s): Tue, April 22, 2019 to Thu, April 25, 2019 Location: New Orleans, LA
The primary goal of the National Hurricane Conference is to improve hurricane preparedness, response, recovery and mitigation in order to save lives and property in the United States and the tropical islands of the Caribbean and Pacific. In addition, the conference serves as a national forum for federal, state and local officials to exchange ideas and recommend new policies to improve Emergency Management.
To accomplish these goals, the annual conference emphasizes:
- Lessons Learned from Hurricane Strikes
- State of the art programs worthy of emulation
- New ideas being tested or considered
- Information about new or ongoing assistance programs
- The ABC’s of hurricane preparedness, response, recovery and mitigation — in recognition of the fact that there is a continual turnover of emergency management leadership and staff
The Department of Homeland Security Science and Technology Directorate (S&T) Cybersecurity and Innovation Showcase is a three-day event, where attendees hear from government and industry cybersecurity and technology experts about ongoing research and development efforts developed by partners from government, industry, academia, national laboratories, and international entities that address today’s complex cybersecurity challenges and investigate innovative solutions for the future.